Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October!

How is it October already? I don't understand where the time has gone!

Since it has been a while since my last update, I thought I would  give a brief overview of how things are going. Let's start with some of our most recent events:

1. Overnight camp had its ups and downs this year, but overall was (as always) a wonderful time of interactions among teachers and students! I was especially proud of my 12th graders for winning the photo scavenger hunt; since this is something we do basically every year, I thought they would be tired of it and not put in any effort. Instead, I was quite happy to find that they threw in a whole lot of cooperation, thought, and positive attitudes to get as much of it done as they could! Check out a bunch of the photos below!





2. Concert and Art show - I didn't really have anything to do with this, but I attended and was impressed with the talent that our students have! 


For the record, if you'd like to keep updated on what's happening at our school, a fabulous way to do so is to like the Facebook page - Global English School. The pictures stay updated, and you can get a much more consistent peek at what's happening in our little community!

3. The event that I've got coming up at the end of this week is a "Girls' Night Out" - a few other female teachers and I are going for a night out with the high school girls to a local restaurant. We're going to get a bit dressed up and hang out for a few hours! So excited! 

Anyway - it is the end of our semester right now (exam week is this week, actually), so things are a little hectic and crazy. However, there are always things to be thankful for, and I've been grateful to be finding those little things throughout the course of each day. Tonight, for example, Michael and I got stuck in the little open-air restaurant where we had dinner because a big ol' rainstorm started while we were eating! Naturally, since it's rainy season, we had forgotten to bring our umbrellas (funny how that works...), so we just sat in the restaurant for an extra half hour, waiting for the rain to stop. It didn't. One of the workers came to me with an umbrella, and told me I could use it and bring it back to her tomorrow. She then turned to Michael and said that the umbrella was for me, because I'm pregnant, and that he would just have to run through the rain! I laughed so hard, but was so very thankful for this little showing of grace in my life.

Look for those little things in life to get you through a moment or a day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment