Sunday, February 9, 2014

February

Some pictures of field day to brighten your blog-reading experience:




Our school year is winding down to a close. My 12th grade students have started a countdown on the whiteboard in my classroom - only 16 school days left until their final exams, and they are FREE after that! Their exams are two weeks before school really lets out for everyone else, and I think they're a little excited that they get the privilege of leaving early.

The nearing of the end of the school year means a lot more work for us as teachers. I'm in the midst of an ever-growing pile of writing projects to grade, and Michael has his own stack of things to be working on. Additionally, I have started an online course for my master's degree. The class was originally scheduled for October, 2014, but the school kindly moved it up to February instead, which means I'll be finished with my master's in July!

In the last post, I wrote about the death of our pastor, Colin. I would like to ask that you continue to be in prayer for our church. Colin's wife, Denise, has returned to Thailand and is going to be here for a while, but as of right now she does not have any plans for the future. Similarly, no plans have yet been made on what steps our church will take from here. Please pray for guidance for our elders and congregation, as we continue to mourn for Colin, but for wisdom as we begin to look at what the future may hold for us. 

All in all - this time of year is the time where we bear with life as it takes us along. We look forward to being able to wrap up things with our students and move into the summer months (which are slightly less taxing!), but at the same time, I am daily reminded of the importance of the work that we are here for. Continue to uplift us in your prayers as well, that our patience may be greater than ever and that our actions may continue to show Christ's love and mercy to those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment