Sunday, July 29, 2012

Quick update

I realized today that it's been a month since I've updated our blog. So sorry about that. I've got a bunch of pictures from overnight camp that I would like to upload, but I still need to get some of the 9th graders (Michael's class) from the other 9th grade homeroom teacher, so that will have to wait for another time.

In the meantime, things are going well here. Overnight camp (July 19-21) was a blast. We had a lot of issues leading up to it, and many people seemed to have low expectations, but everything worked out for the best. Michael and I both had a great time with our homeroom classes! I'll put some pictures up sometime (when I get a chance).

Life continues at its normal pace with school work and things like that. We have a 3-day school week this week (hooray!) due to some Buddhist holidays on Thursday and Friday. Michael and I are considering going to a beach with some fellow teachers for the four-day weekend. I'm looking forward to it; ever since we got back from overnight camp, it's been a whole lot harder to get up and teach every morning! A vacation to the beach sounds fabulous right about now.

The highlight of life, as of today, is watching the Olympics. A friend of ours told us today that we can stream things live over Youtube - it's apparently only available in certain countries in Asia and Africa, since there isn't programming available on TV. Maybe there is here...but since we don't have cable, I'm quite happy to know that I can watch Olympic events online in my free time! We're 7 hours ahead of London, I think, so there's quite a bit that we miss, but it's nice to be able to see some of it, at least. I spent my Sunday afternoon today watching some volleyball, gymnastics, water polo, and swimming. So much fun!

Anyway, I will try to update again soon with some pictures from overnight camp for you to see. In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that we're still alive and well! :) Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment