Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back on home soil!

Well, for those of you who have not heard via Facebook or another source, we made it safely back to the States yesterday afternoon! Our flights were very long and very boring...but I guess that's the best way for a flight to be!

The end of the school year flew by, and I can hardly believe that we have officially finished our first year of teaching. It is really great to have a break right now, though, and see some familiar sights, people, etc. again! Currently, I am severely jet lagged. We didn't get much sleep the night before we left (about 2-3 hours) because we had to get up at about 3:00 AM to make it to the airport. Sleeping on planes never seems to work well for me, and I think both of us ended up getting about 1-2 hours of sleep over that 24 hour traveling period. We somehow managed to stay up until about 8:15 last night, then completely crashed! Even after 14 hours of sleep last night, I'm pretty exhausted today!

We have been here for only about 28 hours, but I have already noticed that many of our sentences begin with "Well, in Thailand..." For those of you that will be seeing us in the coming weeks, I hope that you're prepared for plenty of stories, comments, and comparisons, because we're just bursting with them right now!

I don't really have a whole lot to say other than that - I just thought I'd give a short update. I'm not certain whether I'll be updating the blog in April and May - we'll be able to see most of you and talk to you in person, which is so much better than this! We are happy and excited to be here, and looking forward to seeing so many of you soon!

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back in the States! Enjoy your visits in Washington and we are looking forward to seeing you here in the Midwest at the end of April!! Love ya!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear I get to see you soon for graduation? You have no idea how happy this makes me! I want pictures with you guys! How long are you staying around in the GR area?
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete